Friday, August 26, 2022

Marvel Legends Series 6-inch Rhino Retro Action Figure

 Marvel Legends Rhino:  I've upped my action figure posting of late and I couldn't wait to show off this guy who showed up last week.  Rhino is a beast for sure.  Pun intended.  I've always been a fan of his.  He doesn't get much love and I understand why.  He isn't flashy and he hasn't gotten the fanfare other Spidey villains get.  That ill-fated moment in the Spider-Man doesn't count and should be erased from memory.  He's just one of those guys who I've loved since I was a kid.  When I saw he was getting the Marvel Legends treatment I was giddy.

This is only my second Rhino figure outside of the Hasbro Marvel Univers 3.75" figure which really is a nice-looking figure as well.  This guy is huge standing in at 8" tall to the top of his horn.
For his bulk he has decent articulation but he isn't going to be striking any Spider-Man poses anytime soon.  Not sure how many folks really remember this guy.  Again he is a favorite from my childhood.  He was in the Spidey cartoon and it seems like I remember him in the comic books as well.
This Rhino has a classic look and feel to him.  Lots of bulk, heavy and feels like he could run through walls...which is what he is good at.  I picked up two more of these, one each for the grandsons.  They deserve to enjoy some of this greatness and hopefully they'll gain some appreciation for him. 

I'm really happy with this figure.  Glad I picked him up before the secondary market was my only option.  I'll display him proudly.  
Packaging on this figure was first rate as well.  Love that he is carded like this and not in a square box.  The art is great.  As you see he also comes with an extra head and pair of hands as options for play.  I give my grandsons 30 seconds before they are trying those on him.  Hope you like this guy and my stroll down memory lane.




4 comments:

  1. Good looking figure. They did a great job on sculpting this figure. But the packaging is by far my favorite thing about this figure. Looks like something from the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does look good. That retro packing is great. I have no idea what I'll do with it but I won't get rid of it.

      Delete
  2. I remember the ToyBiz Animated Series figure from the 90's, of which this packaging is obviously meant to invoke nostalgia for. He was a bit of a clunky toy, but until this one, I don't recall having ever seen any more of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's not that popular so figures of his aren't easy to find. I love that packaging as well. Hats off to whoever came up with it.

      Delete