Sunday, August 28, 2022

Random Wax: 2021 Donruss Football

2021 Donruss Football:  I'm a Drew Pearson fan.  When growing up in New Mexico it was Cowboys on TV every week so I got to watch plenty of this guy.  I was very happy he was elected to the Hall of Fame.  I think he deserved to be in and when I pulled this card it became my favorite Drew Pearson card.  Good photo, design and of course it references him being a Hall of Famer.
Still don't like this design.  Maybe someday I'll stop saying that.  It'll be interesting to see what happens with Lamar Jackson.  He's really betting on himself going into 2022 without a contract extension.  And it makes you wonder which side is being the most stubborn.  Hard to think Baltimore would risk losing this guy.
Pat Freiermuth had a great first year catching 60 passes and scoring seven touchdowns.  St. Brown had a monster year for Detroit with 90 catches and five touchdowns.  Thinking of Detroit I never would think any of their receivers would have that many receptions.  Much less a rookie.  Bolton also had a good year notching 70 solo tackles.  no complaints about my rookies.
I like Adam Thielen.  He may not be the #1 guy in Minnesota anymore but he is still a great #2 guy and has caught 15 and 10 touchdowns the last two years, respectively.  Retired greats are one of the great things about Donruss.  No complaints about this pack.  Lots of goodness.

BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
5 – Photo Variations
4 – Rated Rookie
4 – Blue Press Proof Parallel
1 – Inducted 
1 – Retired Great



8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Great catch! I'd forgotten about the no helmet variation.

      Delete
  2. Panini did a good job with the QB's. I really like the drop back photos used for Jackson and Marino.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still too much border on the cards, and the rookies need to have that Donruss 21 mention somewhere. Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are great points. Really hoping this year's Donruss design is better.

      Delete
  4. I like that Friermuth Rated Rookie card; I am hoping he has a big season for the Steelers. I also like the Pearson card; I will have to look for that one for my HoFer collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With Pittsburgh's QBs I wouldn't doubt their tight ends get a lot of looks. Hopefully he'll have that great year.

      Delete