Thursday, August 4, 2022

Green Lantern MetaX Game Cards

Green Lantern MetaX:  We'll keep the Green Lantern theme going this week.  Picked these two packs up last year when they were on the shelves.  I don't play the game but I'm a big Green Lantern fan and enjoy the art.  I've looked at cards from a few of the different MetaX games over the years.  We'll kick it off with Hal Jordan, the greatest GL of all-time.
A couple more Hal Jordan cards and a group shots of all the different lanterns as seen in the some of the great GL stories.
Carol Ferris, on and off love interest of Hal Jordan...and villain.  So many great characters in this universe including the Red Lanterns.  As you've probably guessed they are bad.  Really bad.
Blackest Night was another huge story arc for GL where dead heroes were reincarnated as villains.  Firestorm is my second favorite DC hero so his card had to make an appearance. Even if it is in his dead form.
There are "rare" cards that can be found in these packs but as the world as my witness I can't figure them out.  It's maddening.  I think I pulled one.  I'll never know.  Just saying.  I do like these cards.  I'm a nerd and love the art and of course the characters and that goes for all the different MetaX sets they've released (that I've seen).  The checklist can be found here and we'll end it with GL Sinestro who would go on to be the biggest enemy the GL Corps has ever seen.

BREAKDOWN:
24 – Total Cards (Two Packs)
1 – Rare?



2 comments:

  1. I wonder if there's a website that lists the rare cards. Anyways... cool art. I've been on sort of a comic kick the past few weeks as I've been sorting this collection I inherited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope there is and that I can find it someday! Sorting a collection sounds fun!

      Delete