Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Green Lantern: Beware My Power (NO SPOILERS)

Green Lantern: Beware My Power:  I haven't watched many of the DC animated movies lately but DC normally does them well.  I'm a big Green Lantern fan so I made the leap and picked this one up.  Glad I did.  I really enjoyed it.  This is an origin tale for John Stewart, one of the most popular Green Lanterns, who for the most part is the Green Lantern in the Justice League these days.  While Hal Jordan is widely known as the greatest Green Lantern of all-time John Stewart may be the most popular.  This movie is really good.  I like the cast of characters that includes Green Arrow, and Hawkgirl, both of which are favorites of mine.  Normal Lantern foe, and former green ring slinger, Sinestro, plays the foil.  The movie will work you through the Rann-Thanagar War in a simplified way which makes it easy to catch up.  

What happens?  Stewart gets his ring, galactic issues require him to help the Justice League, and off they go.  Green Arrow is his initial partner who is apropos considering GL/GA have a long history of being partners in the comic books.  Along the way Hawkgirl and others join the adventure to include some surprises.  Sinestro and his band of baddies hamper their efforts along the way.  Most of this and more is played out in the trailer.  These are normally standalone movies and while a few of DC's animated movies may tie into others this will not be one of those best I can tell.  Again I enjoyed the movie.  Are there some plot holes?  Sure.  But I recommend this for anyone considering it and it's worth the watch.  I picked this up at Wallyworld and it is rated PG-13.  People are shown dyeing in the movie and of course there is violence, so it's not made for young kids.  Has me wanting to watch more of the DC animated movies which I'll see if it's something I make happen.  




2 comments:

  1. Loved Green Lantern as a kid. Haven't watched many DC animated movies. I think I watched a Harley Quinn movie a while back on HBOMax. If this one pops up on there, maybe I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's worth the watch especially for GL fans.

      Delete