Sunday, October 8, 2023

2023 Donruss Elite Football

2023 Donruss Elite:  Not a big fan of Donruss elite historically but I don't mind picking up a pack when they hit the shelves like they did locally yesterday.  Tua's off to a great start sans the bump in the road that was the Buffalo Bills.  Go Bills!  

These don't scan well.  You won't see the wavy lines in the background when in hand.  Maybe a Donruss Elite design I would like better if there were more color here but all that foil background thing doesn't do much for me.  
The base set is only 100 cards so you'll get a decent pull in these packs.  
The backs are nice and colorful with a truncated version of the front photo.  But no stats which is always a bummer.
For a 30 card pack I expect more variety but the only cards outside of base cards were this Title Wave inserts, one RC card, and three pink parallels.  Where's the fun in that?  There are more inserts in the set but many are hobby box or case hit exclusives. I don't get it.
You can probably tell but I won't be going back to this one unless they are deeply discounted.  Good names for sure but overall a bit of a downer.  We'll end it on a high note with Patrick Mahomes who helps put a shine on any pack.

BACKGROUND:
30 – Total Cards
3 – Pink Parallels
1 – Title Waves


8 comments:

  1. I have bought a few packs of these and got all the cards I really wanted. I opened two packs just to have some cards to open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been there before too. Just wanting something to open. Luckily the shelves here are still pretty packed.

      Delete
  2. The Hurts insert wins it.

    Definitely a star-studded pack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No complaints with my pull. I was pleasantly surprised about the star power.

      Delete
  3. These look very colorful. Hope they are as nice in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really that colorful. In hand that is silver foil in the background. The scan added all the color.

      Delete
  4. The extra shiny usually means more money so I usually stay away from them in retail. Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. I was surprised these were at the $7-8 range and still got 30 cards. So I bit but probably my only pack of these.

      Delete