Sunday, October 1, 2023

Random Wax: 2021 Score Football

2021 Score:  We'll kick off this pack with Cowboys legend Troy Aikman.  This is a really good photo.  It is simple but seeing him focused on what is happening downfield is a nice look.
I like this design more and more.  I hope to see Joe Burrow back and healthy soon.  He is too good and the Bengals' only hope for a good season
That gray background is dull but I like these cards which gives us a match of current players and retired legends.
Youngsters from the set.  The jury is still out on Mac Jones.  Though an Alabama alum, I'm still rooting for him to do well in the NFL.
Plenty of these in my pack.  They are good looking cards and I like the bold view of key stats.
Is that really the game face for John Randle and Von Miller?  I don't mind the design but the execution seems off on these with all smiles.  Maybe that's what they look like in the 4th quarter of a win but not what I expect when I think "game face".   That Tannehill is a Dots Gold parallel #/225.
I really like these.  We get two good looks of the players including in their college unis.  These inserts are a win to me.
Score Team inserts aren't bad but feel like they are lacking something.  It just doesn't scream "scoring play" to me.  And we'll end it with Tom Terrific.  You're welcome.
BREAKDOWN:
40 – Total Cards
7 – RC
3 – Next Level
3 – Score Team
3 – Red Parallel
3 – Retired Legends
2 – 3D
2 – Game Face
2 – NCAA National Champion
1 – Dots Gold Parallel #/225




4 comments:

  1. Any pack with Joe Burrow is a good pack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Hoping for a good week from him. Not just for the Bengals but for my fantasy team as well.

      Delete
  2. We're all sorts of bummed with how the Bears are playing so seeing Iron Mike is a welcome sight. Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete