Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Random Wax: 2021-2022 Hoops

21-22 Hoops:  A couple of games on tap tonight as the season kicks off.  Trae Young gets the start here.  I can't say I'm confident Atlanta will be any better this season but as a fan you always have hope before the season starts.  I love the NBA and I'm excited for the new season.  Plenty of good teams and storylines to watch play out.
None of these guys are on the same teams now.  I scanned these in two years ago.  McCollum is in New Orleans, Chris Paul is on the Warrior and Dillon Brooks is in Houston.  I like this set's design and I've opened plenty in the past.
Kuminga is the standout amongst these young players averaging 9 PPG for Golden State in each of his two seasons.
I like Lights Camera Action inserts.  John Wall's time in Houston was short but this card is evidence he was there.  I don't think he's signed with a team for this season.
Andre Drummond on a Teal Explosion parallel.  Grimes had a solid season in New York while Russ is taking his game back to LA with the Clippers.
I love Kawhi.  When he's on the court he's one of the greats in the league.  Unfortunately, he hasn't played more than 60 games in a season since the 2016-2017.  Fingers crossed this is the season his body lets him play a full season.
BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
6 – RC
1 – Arriving Now
1 – Frequent Flyer
1 – Lights Camera Action
1 – Teal Explosion Parallel




4 comments: