Friday, October 20, 2023

2023 Zerocool Stranger Things Season 4 Blaster

Stranger Things 4: Zerocool picked up the license for this franchise and I saw this blaster on Fanatics.  Fanatics owns both Zerocool and Topps who previously owned the rights.  I like Stranger Things and try to grab at least a blaster of these when for each season.  Winona Ryder as Joyce is one of the things that makes the series so good.
 Season 4 is set in 1986 and this design puts off an appropriate 80s vibe.  I'm okay with it though I think they could do a bit more with the border.  That Will card is a one per pack Surfer Boy Pizza Yellow Parallels.  The vertical cards are what I call character cards and are the first 30 of the base set.
The next 70 cards are these horizontal offerings.
Three of my insert pulls.  I like the Coming Soon! Video Store Ads inserts.  Two of them here with The Rainbow room really looking nice while The Nina Project didn't have the same cool look to it.  The Vecna's Curse Lenticulars cards have that 3D card feel and are good looking cards as well.  
Actually didn't see much of 11 in my pull.
The backs are nice.  They have a smaller duplicate of the front photo and nice write-up with some details about what is going on.  The bottom border graphics have an eerie/cool look I like.  I like them.
Gotta have a bad guy right and this guy is bad.
These are my Quotes inserts.  A bit underwhelming to me but I'm not complaining.


This Upside Down insert of Eddie is my favorite card.  Upside Down is a layered acetate inserts set and the colors and this photo work for me.  I love Eddie and this scene is classic.  Fun box.  Some good cards.  I like the series and I'm looking forward to the final season.  I probably won't search out more of these but you never know if they end up being discounted.
BREAKDOWN:
42 – Total Cards
7 - Surfer Boy Pizza Yellow Parallels
3 – Quotes
2 – Coming Soon! Video Store Ads
1 – Upside Down
1 - Vecna's Curse Lenticulars



 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know they've been releasing cards each season! I have a bunch from Series 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Topps did issue subsequent seasons. I usually open one box per season.

      Delete