Saturday, October 21, 2023

Brotherhood of the Wolf (2001)

Brotherhood of the Wolf:   Wow did I like this movie.  Randomly saw it mentioned online and the visuals from the trailer really pulled me in.  It's in French and while I did a quick search for an English version I went with the French version (Amazon Prime for me) and watched it with English subtitles.  Sometimes a dubbed movie can be more distracting than reading subtitles.  It's a fine line but I wanted to hear the original actors.  I'm so glad I did.  Reading subtitles is annoying but there was something about hearing it the way it was made.  The visuals didn't let me down.  I really like how the movie was presented.  The plot itself was simplistic - a period piece where folks in France are killed by a mysterious creature.  From there the different subplots and storylines make it so interesting to watch.  The movies is long at 2 hours 22 minutes but it never felt long.  I never wondered when it was going to end.  There are plenty of twists and turns, some you will probably discern on your own, but others that help it pay off at the end.  The actors did a really good job and the pace, action, and settings hit right.  I really enjoyed this movie.  I will say I think I've seen it before.  I obviously didn't appreciate it back then but there were so many moments that came back to me but never did I remember actually watching the movie.  I highly recommend this one and it's perfect for this time of the year.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment