Thursday, November 23, 2023

2023 Topps Baseball Holiday Mega Box

2023 Holiday:  Happy Thanksgiving!  This guy has much to be thankful for.  He'll get a ton of money this offseason.  And he deserves it.  Guys like this don't exist.  You see the Santa hat which means this is one of the two SP cards I pulled.
These hit the shelves this month and are always fun.  This year's Topps design is already a good one.  Add a holiday take with snow and it's a win.  I do like it.  Topps doesn't shy away from this being a holiday set.  I want to see the snow and we definitely do on these.
Nice Julio and Volpe pulls.  That Meneses is Metallic Parallel.  Youngsters made up 45 of the 100 cards in this box.
Excited to pull this Acuna relic.
Only 200 cards in this set so your pull should usually be a pretty good one.
No word yet on whether or not Zack Greinke will retire but that doesn't have to keep us from enjoying a look at some of the great stats he's put up over his career.
Another SP with that Joey Votto (candy cane bat) who is also at a turning point in his career after being released by Cincy.  A guide to the variations can be found here.
Gotta have ornaments for those folks putting up their Christmas tree this weekend.
Votto had a stellar career with the Reds.
These are fun and I look forward to them.  Pretty good box I think.  And Cutch is excited for some turkey.  Let's do it!

BREAKDOWN:
100 – Total Cards
37 – RC
5 – Metallic Parallel
4 – Topps All-Star Rookie
4 – Topps All-Star Rookie/RC
2 – SP
1 - Relic
1 – Die Cut Ornament



12 comments:

  1. Holiday sets are always fun. You got some great pulls here with Ohtani and Acuna. Goldy and Meneses look like they're having fun in the snow.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good pull but the box I'll share on Christmas is quite a bit better. But I never complain when I pull Ohtani. It was a fun box. Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jon! I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving yourself.

      Delete
  3. I have not opened any packs of these cards but I have not seen them in any of our local stores. Maybe I can find some today while Black Friday shopping

    ReplyDelete
  4. That box was awesome! I picked up some of these boxes a month or two ago. Haven't opened them up... but I'd be pretty stoked if I got one of those Ohtani cards. The ornament inserts are cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohtani is always a good SP pull. Pulled one of him from one of these holiday boxes a year or two aga as well.

      Delete
  5. I saw one megabox a few weeks ago and stayed away since I think it was 45 bucks. What, no blasters?

    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't pay that much for the mega boxes. I think it was only $29.

      Delete