Saturday, November 11, 2023

The Marvels Movie (NO SPOILERS)

The Marvels:  Watched this one Thursday night and I enjoyed it.  I didn't go in with high expectations but it was entertaining.  It starts off quickly with action and it feels like it doesn't start.  The characters are easy to like and the plot is easy on the brain.  Sure not all parts of the movie are hits.  I know it's being beaten up by critics and at the box office.  I get why it won't be looked upon as one of Marvel's best but I'm a little surprised it is taking such a beating.  If Thor: Love and Thunder can do $300M in the US this one should be able to do $200 which I know isn't "a hit" by Marvel standards.  Thor also had a better pedigree but the characters here aren't new between previous movies and series.  And you don't have to watch the Ms. Marvel series or any other movies to get this one.  It's pretty self-contained and they do a good job setting up the story.  I get it won't be a hit and it isn't perfect.  But if you're on the fence I say give it a try.




2 comments:

  1. I'll check it out when it lands on Disney+. I was one of those diehard MCU fans... but things have died off after Avengers: Endgame. I'll still planning to watch everything they put out as long as I have a subscription.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Marvel universe really has fallen off. I still like some of the series and movies but they don't have the same feel or greatness that the Avengers gave us.

      Delete