Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Random Wax: 1988 Fleer Baseball (3 Packs)

1988 Fleer: Who doesn't like Dale Murphy?  As a Braves fan I do.  He was amazing.  Unfortunately, his skills diminished pretty quickly.  Still, he brings back so many great memories for.  Good guy and great player.
Good pull in this pack.  All three of these guys were stars with Dave Winfield being the lone Hall of Fame inductee from the group.  This design is an all-time favorite look/set for me.
The stickers.  Fleer really did a good job with these.  A big win.
And the sticker backs were fun too.  Sure the photo isn't the greatest, and I'm not sure why they went with a black and white grainy photo, but I still enjoy these backs.
All three of these guys had solid careers.  Belliard played a big part of the Braves in the early 90s while Jay Bell had almost 2000 hits in a 18-year career.  Guzman averaged 10 wins a season over his eight year career.
Always liked Kevn Bass.  Solid switch hitter and he had some speed.  I liked Floyd Bannister but I can't tell you why I was on his bandwagon.  John Franco had over 400 saves in his distinguished career.  Harold Baines is an all-time favorite of mine.  Fun packs.  Fun memories.
BREAKDOWN:
45 – Total Cards (3 Packs)
3 - Stickers




2 comments:

  1. Some big names at the time with Murphy, Joyner, Winfield, and Orel. This was my favorite set of '88, and the hardest to find as a kid. I loved the logo trophy stickers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great design. I agree this wasn't the easiest to get back in the day. So much fun. Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete