Sunday, November 5, 2023

Random Wax: 2020 Donruss NASCAR

2020 Donruss NASCAR:  The 2023 NASCAR Championship race is today in Phoenix.  We'll kick this off with my favorite driver in the sport, Kyle Busch.  He's a two-time champion and knows a thing or two about the playoffs.  Unfortunately the playoffs weren't kind to him and was eliminated in the second round.  This is one of two optics from this pack.
Here we have a Silver Parallel and a Carolina Blue Parallel.  The design here is a pretty good one.  I do think the driver's car number would have looked good in the bottom right area but hey it's not bad.  The photos of the drivers are good ones.  That Danica is a really good-looking photo.  I like the retired greats in these sets.
Kyle Larson is one of the four drivers still left in the playoffs and could win the championship today.  I'm rooting for him. I think he's the best driver left and he is my pop's favorite driver as well.
I'm not a huge fan of the 1987 Donruss design but it does work for NASCAR with the colors and how they incorporated the tires in the border.
I'm a big fan of Contenders as well as Race Kings and both of these designs look good. That Keselowski is a Checkers Parallel.
These guys all looking cool with the sunglasses.  Top Tier is a nice-looking card and I like how they have the car as well as the driver on the card.
Chase Elliott is another favorite driver of mine, but he had a tough year including an injury and didn't make the playoffs.  This was a fun pack of cards.  I like my pull and this set.  Hoping for a good race today.

BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
12 – Retro 1987
5 – Cars
3 – Carolina Blue Parallels
2 – Optic
2 – Contenders
1 – Top Tier
1 – Race Kings
1 – Rated Rookie
1 – Silver Parallel
1 – Checkers Parallel


 

2 comments:

  1. The Cup championship did not go the way I had hoped in wanting William Byron to win. Oh well. Out of this pack, I like that blue Danica Patrick card. How many days until the 2024 Daytona 500?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not coming soon enough. I did like that Larson and Blaney had some head to head racing near the end to determine the championship.

      Delete