Sunday, November 12, 2023

Random Wax: 2020 Playoff Football

2020 Playoff:  This brand is always fun if for no other reason than the retired greats.  One of my all-time favorites in the form of John Elway kicks off this pack with a Behind the Numbers insert.  I miss watching him play.  Man he had a cannon for an arm.
Not a design I'm a fan of but we get a mix of retired greats and stars from today.  Bought this pack in December, 2020 and just now showing it off.  Christian McCaffrey only played three games in 2020 due to injury while Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons went 4-12 that season.
Rookies received a different design and we get to see their fun college unis.
Did I say I like retired greats?  These are all keepers for me.  Who doesn't love Peyton or the creamsicle unis and Brian Urlacher is one of the great Bears linebackers and came from a small town close to where I grew up.
And we had no idea what drama would befall Deshaun Watson after the 2020 season.  Williams (though injured) and Metcalf are still going strong in the league.  The Rams are struggling while Aaron Donald can still hit double digits in sacks if he stays healthy.  Nice pull in this pack and very fun.

BREAKDOWN:
40 – Total Cards
7 – RC
5 – Retired Greats
2 – Green Parallel
1 – Rookie Wave
1 – Behind the Numbers
1 – Goal Line Parallel (Blue)


 

4 comments:

  1. Donald wins it. McCaffrey, Metcalf, and Elway pushed him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Alstott card! I collected his cards back in the day and it's nice to see him pop up in current sets - especially with the orange Bucs uniform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Creamsicles are great! And I really liked Alstott back in the day.

      Delete