Thursday, April 28, 2022

2021 Playoff Football

2021 Playoff Football:  The NFL draft starts tonight so what better way than to show off some football cards.  Found this 2021 Playoff in February but wanted to show it off today with the draft kicking off.  Cause what are all the teams trying to do?  Reach the playoffs?  The Rams nailed that with a Super Bowl win after picking up Matthew Stafford last year.  Love the former Georgia Bulldog and really happy for him.  It also got him a nice contract in the off season so things are good for Stafford right now.
You know what you get with Playoff football - a simple but good design.  This year is no different.  I like the design which has some "layers" to it which are subtle but nice.  The pull in this first pack was great.  Always a nice way to start off new cards.
I like the RC cards.  The muted backgrounds set them apart and the player "action" photos are good.
Retired greats!  You know I love retired greats and this set has plenty. 
Shiny card thing going on with these Behind the Numbers cards. Not a bad look. A few more inserts might help the set some.  They don't have to go overboard but I basically got two inserts and a few parallels out of 40 cards. 
The backs are fine.  I'd like more stats but outside of Topps cards we'll never get more than the last season and totals lines anymore.  The packs of these have 40 cards each which is really nice.  I don't feel quite as "fleeced" as I do with some other sets.  
I'm really digging this set.  It helps that I pulled so many stars of the league but I'm enjoying the design as well. Hope your team does well in the draft.  We all have hope starting tonight.  

BREAKDOWN:
40 – Total Cards
6 – RC
5 – Retired Greats
3 – Kickoff Parallel
1 – Call to Arms
1 – Behind the Numbers


4 comments:

  1. I have a couple of 2021 NFL blasters, but I've got mixed emotions about opening them. On one hand, I'd love to pull guys like Davante Adams and Russell Wilson for my PCs. On the other hand... it sucks knowing they won't be playing for my teams anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really is a hard thing. Same things happen to me with guys like Julio Jones and Matt Ryan.

      Delete
  2. Borders seem to be too big...and methinks they're photoshopping out all the other players on the cards...like every player they get a picture of is all by his lonesome in the backfield. Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. I do wish you saw some other players in the photos. Does make it seem artificial.

      Delete