Sunday, April 10, 2022

2022 Topps Heritage Blaster

2022 Topps Heritage:  Freddie Freeman may not be a Brave anymore but Atlanta is still the reigning champs.  This card is probably the one I wanted the most so it was a fun pull.  One of the two championship shirts I bought was a black Freeman championship shirt.  Love that guy.  Good luck to him in LA but he'll always be a Brave and champion to me.
I wish I liked the older designs as much as everyone else but for the most part I'm really not taken with them which makes Heritage always a bit tough for me.  I do like this better than most so I'm happier with this year's take.  I did pull some PC guys to include Mike Trout and Waino.  
Eleven of the 72 cards in the blaster were dedicated to young players.  We see the RC, Rookie Cup and Rookie trio cards as I call them as well as inserts like New Age Performers.  
Can't wait' until we see the "quad" rookie cards ala Dale Murphy's '77 rookie card.
I do like the backs of the older cards. I always enjoyed those backs with the fun facts.  I do like the older designs more when we see action photos like this Josh Harrison take.  Seeing head and shoulder pics over and over gets old real quick.  Not banging on them it's just not my thing.
The Flashback cards are a good mix of world events as well as baseball milestones.  I like them.  Nice snapshots of the year.  And is that another World champion Atlanta Brave?
Leader cards are always fun.  These numbers look so pedestrian considering what we saw growing up.  I was so spoiled getting to see the greats of the late 70s and the 80s.  Man that was fun.
Ian Anderson.  One World Series game.  Five innings, no runs allowed. Won Game 3.  Pretty good box.   definitely had a good pull and it's a fun way to start the season.


BREAKDOWN:
72 – Total Cards
9 – RC
3 – High Number Short Prints
2 – Flashbacks
2 – World Series
1 – Rookies
1 – Leaders
1 – All-Star Rookie
1 – New Age Performers

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy the larger set so you get the players who may not get a card in flagship. I don't like that blasters are more expensive this year. Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not opened any Heritage blasters this year. Every time I see them, I tell myself to get one but then I don't pick it up. I do like the Emmanuel Clase card.

    ReplyDelete