Sunday, April 24, 2022

2022 Donruss NASCAR Hobby Box with 2 Autos

2022 Donruss NASCAR:  The NASCAR boys and girls are at Talladega this weekend so let's turn left with my hobby box I received this week.  We'll kick it off with this Action Packed Kyle Larson who is the reigning NASCAR champ.
No secret I'm not a fan of this year's Donruss design but with NASCAR that isn't an issue.  I say it all the time but the variety makes this release a winner each time.
This Retro '81 design is another design I don't care for but no reason to get stuck on that.  I do like the large car numbers on the front of these.  So there is a positive.  Plenty of other cards to get to.  Zane Smith is my favorite truck series driver and that card is a silver parallel.
Forty-four of the 192 cards are retired greats which is awesome.  Rusty is my all-time favorite driver.  Jeff Gordon returned to cardboard last year which is a win for collectors and fans.  I can't say I remember him with that hair though but I'm digging it.
This Hailie Deegan Under the Lights holographic parallel is #/199.  Deegan hasn't seen any success this year but she's gotten caught up in some messes that weren't her doing.
You'll find Rated Rookies here like in the other sports.  Couldn't not show of Carson Hocevar and that hat.
Plenty of inserts to go around.  I like all of these. Victory Laps is my favorite but Elite Series and Contenders are good looking cards too.
Car shots are always good as this is how we see these guys 90% of the time.
Always a Race Kings fan and I do like the design this year though it really doesn't have that classic "Kings" vibe.
The Action Packed are cool looking cards. Another win as far as I'm concerned.  Sweet 16 inserts which allude to the 16 playoff drivers is another good looking insert.  Inserts overall are good this year.  
Not one but two autos in this box to beat the odds!  Already threw that Hocevar up on eBay which will work out well.  I don't think I've ever had a hobby box over deliver.
A couple of relics.  I'm a Danica fan so I'm pretty happy with my pull.
You get plenty of Optics so shiny card lovers will be happy.
Championship Drive inserts are good looking cards.  It's nice when you like all the inserts.  I wouldn't mind some cards that are specific to each track.  Might be hard to do that and still get a good car shot in it but I'm sure someone smart could figure it out.
Some of the parallels.  Silver, blue (#/199), red (#/299), and purple (#/49).  I really enjoyed this box.  They do this brand right.  Good inserts, lots of variety and plenty of numbered cards.  Seems like I say that every year. 

BREAKDOWN:
192 – Total Cards
44 – Retired Greats
26 – Optic
19 – Race Kings
12 – Rated Rookie
8 – Cars
8 – Silver Parallel
5 – Under the Lights
5 – Red Parallel #/299
4 - Elite
4 – Round of 16
4 – Action Packed
4 – Blue Parallel #/199
2 - Contenders
2 – Victory Laps
2 – Green Parallel #/99
2 – Championship Drive
1 – Base Optic Auto
1 – Race Day Relic
1 – Retro 1981 Relic
1 – Purple Parallel #/49
1 – Holographic Parallel #/199
1 – Signature Series Auto Red Parallel #25


6 comments:

  1. A lot of nice looking cards, I haven't heard of the two drivers with the autos, but solid relics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They aren't big names yet but I don't doubt I've seen their names somewhere. . The Hocevar card sold pretty easy.

      Delete
  2. The Bubba Wallace car card is my favorite. I don't really follow NASCAR, but I love seeing so many women behind the wheel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think their numbers will grow. Been pretty limited success but Danica proved they can compete at the highest levels of the sport.

      Delete
  3. If Bubba Wallace was delivering your order via Doordash, no one would complain of their orders being late! Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete