Friday, April 29, 2022

Carl Yastrzemski 1997 Donruss Significant Signatures Autograph

1997 Donruss Signature Significant Signatures:  There have been players who have passed away and I thought why didn't I grab an autograph while they were still alive.  A weird thought I know but that got me to chasing a Yaz auto.  He's my favorite Red Sox player and #2 overall of my favorite players.  Trying to choose one auto amongst all his was tough but my budget helped narrow it down and I decided on this one.  I like the photo and look of the card.  I didn't want just any auto.  Had to be a card I liked visually.  The cards in this subset aren't that expensive but the Yaz auto trended higher than the others so I settled in and figured patience would be my best option.  I grabbed this one at $55 ($65 w/shipping and taxes) which made me very happy.  It was exciting and tough at the same time to wait this out but I'm very happy. Happy Friday!



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I need to track down a Yaz auto myself sometime. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck hunting one. There are some really nice ones out there.

      Delete
  2. Great pick-up. I've got the George Brett auto from this set. It's a shame they scan so dark, but catch them in the light and they're pretty nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. The scan doesn't do it justice. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. If you're gonna splurge on something, this is a pretty great thing to splurge on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more. Someone I'm a huge fan of.

      Delete
  4. Nice card. I really like on-card autographs from the 90's. I discovered a few years ago that Yaz doesn't have a lot of pack pulled signatures. Sounds like that's a pretty great price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was a fun process. Finding one I liked and then chasing it.

      Delete