Saturday, April 16, 2022

Random Wax: 2020-2021 Contenders Draft Picks Basketball

 2020-2021 Contenders Draft Picks Basketball: The playoffs start today!  The farce that is the play in games don't count.  We'll kick it off with a favorite of mine, Jimmy Butler, whose Miami Heat are the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference.  Excited for the playoffs.  Both conferences have plenty of great teams and matchups.
This pack was actually bought in November 2020 but I'm just now getting around to sharing.  That isn't a big deal but sometimes the cards I scanned at the time are telling.  Walker had just come off an All-Star year in his first season with Boston.  Russell had just played part of the previous season with the Warriors before being traded to the Timberwolves.  Fox was on the upswing with the Kings.
Okoro still hasn't gotten a ton in traction in the NBA for Cleveland.  I enjoy seeing Gail Goodrich on cardboard.  He was so good.  Known more for his time with the Lakers he also played for Phoenix and the New Orleans Jazz.  I also like the inclusion of mascots in this set.
Pretty good pack and I really enjoy looking back at packs I picked up some time ago.  We'll end it with Ja Morant, star of the #2 seed in the Western Conferences, the Memphis Grizzlies.  Outstanding year for both. 


BREAKDOWN:
18 - Total Cards
2 – Game Ticket Green Parallel 
1 – Mascot
1 – Winning Ticket
1 – 2020 Draft Class
1 – Purple Game Ticket Parallel


4 comments:

  1. I do like seeing players in their college uniforms. I like the look of the RJ Barrett card in his Duke uniform.

    ReplyDelete