Friday, April 22, 2022

2022 Topps Baseball Blaster

2022 Topps Baseball:  This is surprisingly my first post about Topps flagship.  It's been a busy two or three months.  It hurt when this guy left the Braves but couldn't be more grateful for what he brought to the team.
I do like the design this year.  I also like the larger font.  They heard the fans.  The photos also seem to better.  Maybe I just like the design, so the photos seem to follow.
About a fourth of the cards are dedicated to young players.
I really like these Stars of MLB inserts.  They have a nice look to them in hand.
Team cards are fun.  You get another chance to see the stars and the backs have stats for last season.
More youngsters.
Still haven't figured out what to do with the Wander Franco card.  I do like the 1987 35th Anniversary cards as well.  Didn't care for them back in the day but they work a little better on new cardboard.  Welcome to the Show are nice cards.
That Amburgey is a rainbow foil.  My relic is a player number medallion relic.  Home Field Advantage are good cards.  I'd like to see more to know exactly what I think.
League Leaders cards are always a good thing.
I feel like there are lots of good photos.  These are a few that stood out.
A nice Generation Now insert.  Robert had a really good season last year but was only able to play 68 games.
I like this year's design and this was a good box.  Nice to be looking forward to picking up more.  I purchased plenty last year but just wasn't a big fan.
Back of the Astros team card.  I nice recap of the year but it must have been submitted right after the season since there's no mention of the World Series.  That the Braves won...

BREAKDOWN:
99 – Total Cards
15 – RC
7 – Team Cards
7 – Stars of the Game
2 – Future Stars
2 - 1987 Topps Baseball 35th Anniversary
1 - Checklist
1 – Now Generation
1 – All-Star Rookie
1 – League Leaders
1 – Rainbow Foil Parallel
1 – Home Run Challenge
1 – Welcome to the Show
1 – Home Field Advantage
1 – Player Number Medallion Relic



4 comments:

  1. Hadn't seen that Home Field Advantage insert before. Guess I have another card to track down for my Golden Gate Bridge PC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that the League Leader cards are back to one card for multiple players, and that is indeed a nice HFA card. Thanks for showing them off!

    ReplyDelete