Sunday, April 17, 2022

2022 Topps 1987 Topps Baseball 35th Anniversary eBay Finds

2022 Topps: Grabbed some not so random '87 35th Anniversary inserts from the 2022 Topps set on eBay and thought I'd show them off.  Definitely an impulse buy but I found a seller with many of the cards I was chasing so I jumped.  I think the total for these shipped was just over $11.  Big Chipper Jones fan so we'll start with the Braves great.
A couple more Braves.  I still need to pick up the Freddie Freeman as well as a few others I'd like to grab like Rickey, Maddux, Bo and one or two others.  Love seeing retired greats included.
What a career!  Easy Hall of Fame selection when he was inducted in 2018 but he's definitely one of those guys who you wonder what his totals would look like if he had been healthier in the second half of his career.
A couple of great young sluggers in the league.  Hard not to like them both.  I became a Tatis Jr. guy last year when he was mic'd up during the All-Star Game.  Or was it the year before?  Hmmm
The '87 set isn't one of my favorite designs but like some other designs that fall into that category I like it more on new cardboard. 
Was really happy to see both of these guys available when I made my purchase.  I'd love to see the Angels do better this season and get Trout and Ohtani in the playoffs.  Same ole story with them.  They need better pitching.  Some of their young players need to step up too and might be ready to on offense.  We'll see.
Short and quick.  Lots to watch today.  NBA playoffs, USFL week one games, baseball and NASCAR on dirt.  Happy Easter!


4 comments:

  1. I can't root for the Angels... but I am rooting for Ohtani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not an Angels guy but I do root for Trout. And Ohtani.

      Delete
  2. What surprised me most about these when I got one is that they are glossy. Feels wrong on a 1987 design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lot different, but I think that is one of the reasons I'm good with it.

    ReplyDelete