Thursday, April 25, 2024

2023 Illusions Football Blaster

2023 Illusions: It's draft day!  Hopes and dreams start tonight for players, teams and fans alike.  We'll kick it off with Mr. Irrelevant, Brock Purdy.  Purdy has only started 27 games total including playoffs and he's already been to two NFC Championship games and one Super Bowl.
Some receiving greatness from the league here.  Traditionally I like Illusions.  This year's design is pretty good.  I wish the background photo was different than the photo in the forefront.  That Travis Kelce is a Dots Trophy Parallel.  Not sure what the "Trophy" part of those parallels refers to but Trophy is theme throughout some of the parallels in this set.
Rookies including an Emerald Trophy Parallel of Zay Flowers.  These cards look a lot different in hand.  I don't see many Illusions cards posted or written about.  Doesn't seem that popular so I'm a bit surprised I still see new sets each year.
The backs are somewhat boring, but the write-ups are fair.  One hundred base cards in this set so base team sets are only 3-4 cards.
Inserts including acetate designs in Mystique and Funkadelic.  I like the Funkadelic even without much color.  I'm good with the Amazing inserts as well.
One relic in the box and mine was a Great Expectations insert.  Dell had a solid rookie season teaming up with CJ Stroud.
Not sure I'll pick up more of these.  They are fine but not as excited about these as I once was.  Great C.J. Stroud acetate insert.  Pulled three of the top QBs from last year's draft in this blaster.  Hope everyone is happy with their team's draft!
BREAKDOWN:
36 – Total Cards
18 – RC
3 – Emerald Trophy Parallel
1 – Amazing
1 - Mystique
1 - Funkadelic
1 – Illusionists
1 – Dots Trophy Parallel
1 – Great Expectations Relic





8 comments:

  1. Cool Purdy. A lot of my students were devastated by the 49ers loss... but overall they seem pretty confident that he will lead them back next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always impressed when I watch him. Should be their guy for a while.

      Delete
  2. The fronts are great and the back not so. Hmm, I wonder who my Bears will pick? Decisions, decisions. Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great first round picks for Chicago. I hope Williams works out and the WR is another great pick.

      Delete
  3. You got some good players at least.
    I'd place the card designs somewhere in the average range compared to other sets.

    ReplyDelete