Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Random Wax: 2021-2022 Chronicles Basketball with Auto

21-22 ChroniclesTrae Young is out with injury but Atlanta is doing well including a big OT win over Boston last week.  I'll try not to read too much into that but the fit with Dejounte Murray in the backcourt has always been suspect.
This set is mostly about the rookies and has tons of variety.  Keldon Johnson has done well averaging 16 points per game for his career in San Antonio.
Franz Wagner, Michigan alum, has done better than I expected and is averaging almost 20 points per game this season.  Just needs to improve his three-point shot.  Marquee and Crusade are designs I like.
Suggs is solid as is that Score design.
Can't wait for LaMelo to get healthy and see what he can do for the Hornets.  They've got a true rebuild going but he's a solid start as is Brandon Miller.

You probably got excited about seeing an auto was in this pack and so was I.  I opened this pack in 2022 but T.J. Warren was coming off a severe injury and never could regain the momentum he had in the early part of his career.  I like the Essentials design on that Ball card.
Playbook is another design I like.  We'll end it LeBron who's having another great year.  I think I heard he received his AARP card this week.  I kid but it's amazing he can still do what he does at 39.
BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
24 – RC
5 – Absolute
4 – Score
4 - Threads
4 - Chronicles
4 – Green Parallel
2 – XR
2 – Prestige
2 - Playbook
2 - Luminance
1 – Prizm
1 - Crusade
1 - Marquee
1 – Duplicate
1 – Essentials
1 – Airborne Signatures Red Parallel 




5 comments:

  1. My heart wants to vote for Trae, but LeBron is an all-time great, so I have to give it to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on pulling an autograph! That's a nice bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the auto! I still enjoy pulling LeBron cards.

    ReplyDelete