Friday, April 26, 2024

2023 Rookie and Stars Football

2023 Rookies & Stars:  Day two of the NFL draft is today so some Rookies & Stars feels appropriate.  Maxx Crosby is one of the best linemen in the league.  Raiders need a QB so I'm curious if they can get one this week.
Overall I kind of like these.  Wish there was a bit more color where we see that gray.  Just feels like they could have done something different.  Still, it feels like a Rookie & Stars design.
Great rookie pull!  Nuff said.
Some nice color on that Rookie Rush insert.  I really like the Crusade inserts as well.  No complaints with Draft Class.  Seeing players on draft night is fun.
I really like the Man in Motion inserts.  Great photo and the background works.  Jamaal Williams didn't have a great season but he looks good here.
One of my two Green Parallels.  The backs are not great but there is some color. Need some stats though.  Nice A-ARon appearance.
These were fun but at $13 a pack I don't know if I'll grab more.  I'll never say never but I'm not sure why they are so much.  I'll finish it off with some defensive studs and three-time world champion Patrick Mahomes.  Everyone's hoping to draft the next Mahomes in this draft, right?
BREAKDOWN:
40 – Total Cards
16 – RC
2 - Crusade
2 – Green Parallel
2 – Man in Motion
1 – Draft Class
1 – Rookie Rush




8 comments:

  1. Still haven't gotten used to seeing Las Vegas in front of the Raiders name on cards. I'm sure it'll take decades for me to get used to seeing Las Vegas Athletics if/when that happens.

    P.S. That Crusade card is cool. Lol. Not used to seeing Roders in a Jets uniform either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Rodgers in that Jets helmet does take getting used to.

      Delete
  2. Voting for Mahomes.
    Not a fan of the design, with the name on the side like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mahomes is always my first thought to lead it off these posts. Then I think, no I can't do that EVERY time. LOL

      Delete
  3. Crusade is sharp! Wonder if any giants in the checklist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lawrence Taylor actually is in the Crusade insert set. https://www.beckett.com/news/2023-panini-rookies-stars-football-cards/

      Delete