Saturday, April 6, 2024

2024 Topps Big League Baseball Blaster

2024 Big League Baseball:  Was looking forward to these and I wasn't disappointed. Kick it off with Julio Rodriguez who had a great second season to pair with that amazing rookie year.  Not a lot going on in this photo but I like it.
The design is good for me.  Some of the borders like that Corey Seager are darker in the upper half of the card and makes me think it's a parallel but it's not.  Again, I like it.
Elly De La Cruz is the new hotness in the league.  I'd love to see him do well.  Speedsters are fun.  Just need him to get the hitting thing down and he could be fun to watch for a long time.
We have two Electric Orange Foil Parallels and a Ke'Bryan Hayes Uncommon Rainbow Foil card.  The base set is 310 cards including four subsets.  The breakout is below.

Common                                   1-200
Uncommon Rainbow Foil        201-250
Rare Blue Foil                          251-275
Super Rare Red                        276-300
Legendary Gold Foil                301-310

A couple of inserts here.  Some Mascot cards that were really popular in Topps Opening Day which isn't a thing anymore.  I wish these had the backgrounds as part of the photo but otherwise they are okay.  Odds for the Hobby Influencers insert is 1:735 blasters.  Great pull and should pay for this blaster and hopefully another one.
The backs are lacking in the stats department showing only the last five seasons but they are still better than what we get with some other products.
Brent Rooker is another card from the Uncommon Rainbow Foil subset.  I like the photography overall but do wish we'd had some horizontal offerings.
I like the Good Vibrations inserts. All smiles and good vibes indeed.  The To the Moon inserts are die-cuts.  I'm okay with the design but not a big die-cut guy.
Just showing off some more cards and some players who had an excellent 2023 season.
These Topps Big Leaguer inserts give us cards with a different artistic touch to each.  I didn't pull any but you'll also find retired greats in these.  Thought they could have had more inserts overall.
Two more Uncommon Rainbow Foil cards along with the Miguel Cabrera common base card.  Fun blaster.  I like the cards and will definitely search out more.  Love the photo on this Ronald Acuna Jr. card.

BREAKDOWN:
80 – Total Cards
25 – RC
11 - Uncommon Rainbow Foil
8 – Total Cards
5 – Electric Orange Foil Parallel
3 – To the Moon
3 –Good Vibrations
2 - Mascot
2 – Topps Big Leaguer
1 – Hobby Influencers


12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on pulling that rare card of the influencer. No idea who he is though. The cherry themed cards are interesting. I'm sure I'm missing something. Love the Mascot inserts. They're my favorite thing about this product for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You read my mind. Cherries? Am I missing something? Mascots are always fun.

      Delete
  2. Strong competition at the top with Trout, Acuna, and Miggy.
    Voting for Miggy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sad when a ‘hobby influencer’ card is the hit of the case of blasters. Hopefully you’ll be able to trade it for a card of an actual athlete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea those guys were part of the set. Still I'll take it I guess and hopefully flip it for something fun.

      Delete
  4. Hope there will be some singles from this at the card show I'm hitting tomorrow morning.

    I'm not thrilled with the idea of cards of "hobby influencers", especially in a set ostensibly geared toward kids and casual collectors. Of course if they included some bloggers I'd probably feel better about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bloggers! I like it. Hope you were able grab some singles at the show!

      Delete
  5. I opened a blaster on Friday...based on the pictures above, you did better than I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't take too much joy over beating out your blaster but I am happy with my pull and hope you do better in your next blaster. ;)

      Delete
  6. Hobby Influencers should be part of A&G. Still no trivia on the back, bummer. I didn't see Big League at all last year, the only cards I got were in a Goodwill plastic bag. Hopefully these will be more plentiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like Target is the only place I've seen them the last year or two. Hopefully Wal-Mart will see them this year.

      Delete