Friday, July 12, 2024

2024 Bowman Baseball Blaster

2024 BowmanFreddie Freeman is flirting with hitting .300 again this season which he's done eight times in the previous 14 seasons.
Texas representing.  Alvarez and Altuve are having excellent seasons while Max Scherzer has been limited due to injuries.  I like the design this year.  The photos are cropped pretty tight on the players but the players blend into the borders which helps maximize photo quality.
Feeling old as I see more players like Homer Bush Jr.  I didn't realize it has been so long since his father was in the league - 2004.  The youngsters have a minor design difference to set them off from veterans.  The team logo, player position and Bowman logo are on opposite sides of the card.  I've always liked that.
1st Bowman cards including a Chrome offering.
The Top 100 inserts aren't bad but not a favorite of mine.
I really like the Rookie of the Year Favorites cards.  We also get a Green Pattern Parallel and Purple Pattern Parallel which is #/199.
I like the backs even if we don't get career stats.  The Resume, Skills, and Up Close write-ups work for me.
Luis Arraez and Christian Yelich are having good seasons again this year though Arraez is now a Padre.
RC cards as well. 
The Chrome cards are good takes on the base cards.  I'm not a Chrome guy but no complaints from me.  Pitchers were almost non-existent amongst prospects in this box.  Weird.
I really like both of these inserts - Bowman AI and Prospect Power Up.  Color serves Chrome well but the design is pretty cool as well.
Acuna hot box!  Yes, they are all brothers.
Fun box of cards.  I like the design and I thought I had a pretty good pull.  Don't ask me which prospects are the ones to look out for.  I'll just let them age and figure it out then.

BREAKDOWN:
72 – Total Cards
18 – Chrome
13 – RC
13 – 1st Bowman
2 – Bowman Top 100
2 – Green Pattern Parallel
1 – Bowman AI
1 – Prospect Power Up
1 – Rookie of the Year Favorites
1 – Purple Pattern Parallel #/199



4 comments:

  1. I broke down and bought a blaster of Bowman and I like the product too. Like you, I don't know much about the prospects. I like the Jose Ramirez and Paul Skenes cards yet I have also been keeping Lawrence Butler cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well on the Mets, anyway. Of course Paul Skenes is the biggest guy to pull right now, so that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the Alous and DiMaggios.
    One of 'em was good enough to make it to the majors but is only the third best in his own family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw one blaster and a few mega boxes at Target yesterday. I didn't buy either, but I did think about it. Bowman is one of those products I like to open up, toss into a box, sit back, and dig them out after a few years to see if anyone became a star.

    ReplyDelete