Sunday, July 28, 2024

Random Wax: 1991 Upper Deck Football (3 Packs)

1991 Upper Deck:  This Bo Jackson checklist card is too cool.  It was so cruel that 1990 would be his final NFL season.  He averaged 5.6 yards per carry but injured his hip in a playoff game against Seattle in January of 1991.  This is a really cool looking card.  Somehow, I don't remember it from my time ripping packs of this set when it came out.
I love that Andre Reed photo.  The snow.  His concentration.  The fact he may be tackled right after this.  Two more great players here with Herschel Walker and Rickey Jackson.
Team MVP cards were a great way to show greats on more cardboard.  The 1990 Patriots didn't have much to be happy about.  I would have gone with Irving Fryar as their MVP but there wasn't much to pick from.  Not a great photo of Michigan Wolverine great Anthony Carter.  Looks like he is grabbing for his ankle.
Another great player and sweet art.  We need more art checklist cards people!
Okay, Jim Everett's art isn't the greatest.  Really nice Stephone Paige photo.
I really like all three photos here.  I always liked Bobby Hebert and how many "kick holding' photos do we get?  Always fun and always great memories.  This set is a classic.

BREAKDOWN:
36 – Total Cards
3 – Team MVP
3 – Team Checklist
1 – Football Heroes



10 comments:

  1. I have to say that the Bo card is my favorite that is pictured. I do wish we could see more cards like in the past over all the shine of today's cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monk and Marino were two of my favorites. I still PC them and Everett. The Montana insert is great, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added Everett to my PC a few years back as well.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. He's a Buffalo Bill great and it's a great photo. Good choice.

      Delete
  4. Kudos to Upper Deck for commissioning all of those art cards for those team checklists back in the day.

    ReplyDelete