Tuesday, July 30, 2024

2022-2023 Prizm Basketball Hanger Box

 22-23 Prizm: We'll kick this off with 2024 Olympic Basketball player Bam Adebayo.  Bam doesn't get a ton of press, but he will get you close to 20 points per game and 10 rebounds while playing excellent defense (5X All-Defense) at the center position.
I'm not a shiny card guy though I probably don't need to say that all the time.  Still, I pick these up from time to time.  Grabbed this pack in December and guess I'd forgot about it.  The design isn't bad.  I like the team appropriate colors in the outline.  Borders are probably too big though but overall solid look here.  I've always been skeptical of Kyrie, but he and the Mavs made a surprise run to the Finals this last season.  Jusuf Nurkic went to the Suns in the 3-team trade that sent Damian Lillard to the Bucks.  Nurkic fit in great in Phoenix pulling down 11 boards a game and setting a career high with four assists per game.
The backs are fine though the 3PM, steal, block and points totals befuddle me.  Nobody pays attention to totals in this manner.  And where is their three-point percentage?
Young players.  Jabari Walker had a solid second season in Portland putting up eight points per game but hasn't shown any range from deep yet.
I like the Impact insert and all the color.  Not sure about Emergent.  Very simple but I think it is growing on me.  Neither of these guys had a good 2023-2024 season but AJ Griffin did show some promise in rookie campaign scoring eight a game in 22-23.
Jrue Holiday was part of that great Celtics team that won the NBA Finals against the Mavs.  His defense plays anywhere, and this was his second ring after getting one with Milwaukee.  He's also part of the Olympic basketball team in France.  We also get a retired great.  Feels like I pull a lot of Wade but there's nothing wrong with that.

BREAKDOWN:

12 – Total Cards
1 – Emergent
1 – Retired Great
1 – Instant Impact



4 comments:

  1. I have to say the Wendell Moore Jr card is my favorite here as he is a former Duke Blue Devil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voting for Adebayo.
    The borders are a bit too dark / dim for my liking but they might look better in person.

    ReplyDelete