Friday, August 30, 2024

2021 Topps Heritage High Number Blaster with Autograph

2021 High Numbers:  Great autograph pull in this blaster which is showing up on shelves at a discounted price.  It's a nice on card signature to boot.  Gerrit Cole has battled injuries this season but for his career he is 150-77 with 3.18 ERA.  Amazing career.  
I'm not that high on Heritage as I'm not a huge fan of the all the older designs or the non-action photos.  The standard 2021 Heritage release was more entertaining.  The variety sets it apart from these cards.  As these hit the 80s I'll be more on board..
Great hitting backstop.
Shane McClanahan has had a solid career with the Rays.
This set contains stars not in the earlier set, rookies and players with new teams.  That Trey Mancini is a Chrome Refractor or Chrome Variation #/999...I think.  I repeat, I think, because I can't find any card #/999 on the checklists.  
Some inserts and a Topps All-Star Rookie Cup.  Sure thought Jo Adell would be something big or at least hoped he would be.  I like the vibe on that Rookie Performers card.  Now and Then is nice as well. Tony Gonsolin will miss all of the 2024 season after Tommy John surgery but otherwise has had a solid career.
Stephen Strasburg was the World Series MVP helping the Nationals win their only Championship in 2019.
This box is obviously highlighted by the autograph.  Not sure I'll pick up more of these or the other discounted Heritage boxes, but this one will make me think twice when I do see them.
BREAKDOWN:
72 – Total Cards
18 – RC
2 – SP
1 – Now and Then
1 – Rookie Performers
1 – All-Star Rookie Cup
1 – Real One Autograph
1 – Chrome Refractor #/999




6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on pulling that Cole! I always rooted for him when he was with the Pirates and Astros. Now that he's with the Yankees... I don't necessarily root for him, but I don't root against him either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame that it's a Yankee. but at least it's one of the better ones! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Always shake my head when the good pull is in pinstripes. LOL. But I'll take it.

      Delete
  3. Holy moly. Didn't click this expecting to see Cole! Great pull!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always getting nobodies so it was a nice surprise.

      Delete