Saturday, August 3, 2024

Joker (2019)

Joker:  Finally getting around to seeing this one.  I knew what this movie was - a deep dive into the making of Joker with Joaquin Phoenix put a very serious take on the character - and wasn't overly excited about it.  That said, it's a really, really good movie.  This very in depth look at how the Joker becomes Joker in this alternate DC universe is a good watch.  Not an uplifting fun movie but a good movie nonetheless.  I think I'm looking forward to the sequel a bit more.  It comes out in October and will introduce Harley Quinn.  While DC's hero universe has struggled, the out of box, alternate universe movies like this one and The Batman have done better.   




4 comments:

  1. I liked this movie. Didn't realize they were making a sequel. Looking forward to watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can’t keep track of all the various versions. But I did see this and thought it was good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can make you dizzy trying to keep up. I get it.

      Delete