Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Random Wax: 2021-2022 Illusions Basketball

21-22 Illusions:  This is a good-looking Damian Lillard card.  In 12 seasons he's been an All-Star eight times, a 7X All-NBA selection and a member of the NBA 75th Anniversary team.
These look better in hand and I like Illusions as a brand.  This was a small pack I picked up in January of last year.  Dame was the highlight but it's a solid pull considering how small it was. 
Jason Kidd averaged 8 assists a game in his 2011 age 37 season when he helped the Mavericks win their only Championship.  That was his only time winning the title as well and he'd play two more seasons after that.  Retired greats are fun inclusions here.  That Mike Conley is an Orange Parallel.  Trey Murphy averaged 14 points per game last season and is a great shooter from 3.
Not sure about the Operation Detonation inserts but Dejounte Murray is an excellent player.  Since this card he was traded to the Atlanta Hawks and then to New Orleans this offseason.  He continues to play well and I hope continues with the Pelicans.

BREAKDOWN:
12 – Total Cards
2 – RC
2 – Orange Parallel
1 – Retired Great
1 – Operation Detonation



2 comments:

  1. A. Never seen that Warriors jersey that Wiggins is wearing. Or maybe I have and I just don't remember.

    B. I knew Kidd had a hall of fame career, but I didn't realize he was producing into his mid-30's. He was a big reason I returned to the hobby in 1994. There was a card shop between the SJSU campus and light rail. I would stop off and buy packs of 1994-95 SP and Flair in hopes of pulling his rookie card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like most of the Warriors' retro or alternate unis. Old memories like that are fun. I remember visiting card shops back in the day. Great memories.

      Delete