Friday, August 2, 2024

Random Wax: 1988 Fleer Baseball (3 Packs)

1988 FleerNolan Ryan is a great start to these packs.  Your all-time leader in strikeouts as well as walks and hits per nine innings pitched.  
More greatness from the 80s.  All three of these guys were huge during their era.  I remember how Fernandomania swept baseball fandom in 1981.  What an amazing year for him.
Yes, we love the stickers.
The backs of the stickers were pretty cool.  
The SuperStar Specials cards are fun ways to see the stars again and paired with others.
The All-Star Team cards are a letdown for me.  I don't like the colors and they have almost nothing going for them in terms of design.  Still, Clemons is always a great pull.

BREAKDOWN:
45 – Total Cards (3 Packs)
3 - Stickers
2 – SuperStar Specials
1 – All-Star Team
1 – Major League Prospects



8 comments:

  1. This set was not a favorite of mine, but I like the Nolan Ryan and Roger Clemens cards because of mini collections I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a favorite of mine as well. The colors and design are cool.

      Delete
  2. 80's Fleer team logo stickers are so awesome. Wish I would have appreciated them more at the time. I really like the stadiums on the backs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's strange to say this now, but when I was 7-8 years old '88 Fleer felt like the rare/expensive/cool set, since all we ever saw were Topps and Donruss.

    I really wish the stadium photos had been in color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it odd the stadium photos aren't in color as well.

    ReplyDelete