Friday, August 23, 2024

2022 Topps Angels Team Set (Blister)

2022 Topps:  I think I picked these up in Wal-Mart.  It was May 2022 and while I'd normally only grab Atlanta and Boston I couldn't pass Ohtani and Trout as well.  Picking up this team set also gives you the chance to get both Ohtanis at once.  And while I pulled multiple Ohtani inserts from this set, I never got a base card so this was a win.
I had pulled a 2022 Trout before, but I'll never complain about more Mike Trout on cardboard...or on the field.  DANG those injuries that he can't get past.
Shame Ohtani and the Angels never had any real success.  Los Angeles spent a lot of money trying but injuries, lack of young players developing, and some bad moves doomed them.
I like those old school Angels unis.
Luis Rengifo has developed into a nice hitter.  Not great but good.
Is he waiting for the ball to come in from an outfield throw?  Stretching?  We'll never know.
Jo Adell was one of those players who was thought to be a big star in the making but never got there.  Raisel Iglesias on the other hand came from Cincy as an established dominant closer but the Angels just weren't that good and moved him to the Braves.
Fun pack of cards and the $6 or $8 I paid for this pack was probably an overpay but the Ohtani and Trout cards are keepers for me.

BREAKDOWN:
Total Cards - 17

7 comments:

  1. Cool that Ohtani had a card as a pitcher and hitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see Syndergaard there as well. I'm really surprised he didn't pitch at all this year; I'd have thought he'd either take a bullpen role or maybe go to Japan or something. Supposedly he's trying to make a comeback next season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's only two years from his good 2022 season. You'd think he would have some type a role on some team's roster.

      Delete
  3. Super value to get both Ohtanis and a Trout for that price. The Walmarts in my area don't have cards and I rarely find anything at Target anymore. It's been a few years since I've seen these team sets on the shelves, but when I do it's usually the Giants or A's.

    ReplyDelete