Sunday, June 27, 2021

2021 Contenders Draft Picks Football with Autograph

2021 Contenders Draft Picks Football: I found this pack in the wild Friday and thought I'd already grabbed a blaster of these at some point so I only picked up one.  I was wrong and wish I'd grabbed at least one more pack.  That said this one delivered an autograph so I can't complain. I didn't choose the top pack so I got lucky on this one.  We'll kick it off with Russell Wilson.
The base design is a improvement on last year's offering which didn't give the photos their due.  I like this design.  Some of the detail in the rounded corners up top, the indented corners around the "Ticket" area and how the Seat/Row/Sec look at a slant.  The ticket approach on this set year after year isn't for everyone but I've always been a fan of Contenders as a whole.
Probably one of the better football autos I've ever pulled especially for a rookie.  Dyami Brown is a third round pick for the Washington Football Team.  Never know how that'll play out but a good pull none the less.  That card is a green parallel.  That Calvin Ridley is a purple parallel.
Always fun seeing players in their college unis. 
With the auto this is of course an excellent pack but I was pretty happy with the rest of the pack too.  I really like the DeAndre Hopkins Legendary insert.  While the primary photo is black and white it is the colors of this card which make me like it.  They look better in hand in my opinion.  Fun pack and maybe I'll be lucky enough to find more of this at some point.

BREAKDOWN:
18 – Total Cards
1 – Legendary
1 – Game Ticket Purple Parallel
1 – College Ticket Green Parallel Autograph #/49



5 comments:

  1. I have not seen these cards before, so I have to say my favorite is the Chase Young Ohio State card. Go Buckeyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on pulling an autograph. The ticket thing isn't too bad. I understand Panini using the seat to represent the jersey number... but I think it's weird that they put the height and weight as the row and section number. I guess I'm just used to seeing data like this on the back of the card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on board there. I like that the numbers mean something but it seems like they could have come up with something better than height and weight.

      Delete