Friday, June 25, 2021

2021 Parkside National Women's Soccer League's Premier Edition

2021 Parkside National Women's Soccer League's "Premier Edition": Parkside Cards' NWSL cards have shown up in Wal-Mart and after seeing a break and what might be found I took a flyer on a box.  Each box comes with 25 cards.  The base set is 200 cards so getting a complete set will take some doing going this route.  On card autographs can be pulled including superstar Megan Rapinoe
The base design is simple but effective.  The photos are good.  There are parallels as well as photo variations that can be pulled. 
The Vintage insert is on a heavier card stock made to look like a well worn card.  I really like this design.  It really does make you think this card came from the 70s.  That Abby Erceg is a Black and White parallel.  There are 700 of those parallels for each player.
Some player cards have stock press photos but with the large team logos in the background I call that a win.  The backs are simple and need some stats but are fine with me otherwise. 
Young players get some card time on these Promising Prospects inserts.
Those cards on either side of Andi Sullivan are foil inserts and obviously don't scan that well but look good in hand.  I'm not a soccer fan and this is my first pack of soccer cards I've ever busted.  Was it fun?  Yes.  Do I know what to do with these now?  Nope but no regrets.  


 BREAKDOWN
25 – Total Cards
2 – Foil
2 – Promising Prospects
1 - Vintage
1 – Black & White


4 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to pick up one of Trinity Rodman's cards from the set...I like to get at least one card of relatives of the people in my main topics when they are in another sport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I double checked all my cards but I didn't pull a Trinity Rodman. Good luck chasing her!

      Delete
  2. I like the B&W parallel. My local Walmarts don't carry cards... but if they did and I saw a box, I'd buy it in hopes of pulling an Alex Morgan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the fun part is going for some of those big names. Even though I didn't pull any I still enjoyed this box.

      Delete