Friday, February 11, 2022

Random Wax: 1990 Donruss Baseball

1990 Donruss: I picked this box at a LCS in St. Louis after the card show last October.  I'll show off the box three packs at a time.  This Kirby Puckett is a great place to start.  One of the greatest right handed hitters of all-time and a fan favorite to include me.  This is a good photo to top it off.

Some great first baseman.  This design has always been a favorite of mine.  That red border does it for me.  It is missing a logo though.
 
I'm a big Diamond Kings fan and these are pretty good.  Pascual Perez is still trying to find his way to the stadium...  Nice Grissom Rated Rookie. 
Look at those stats.  Just crazy good.  While Donruss didn't give you the stats for a player's entire career it was still a decent back which included career highlights and contract status/how acquired info.
David Cone won five World Series rings.  Unfortunately four of those were with the Yankees.  David Wells actually looks sober here.  
Ryno will end this group of cards.  I didn't appreciate him near enough while he was playing.  I love the All-Star cards with that big National League photo.  Fun cards and great memories.  

BREAKDOWN:
45 – Total Cards (3 Packs)
3 – Puzzle
1 – All-Star
1 – Rated Rookie
1 – Diamond King

8 comments:

  1. I remember opening many packs of these Donruss cards back in the day. I am really into junk wax era cards as of late. I forget what the puzzle is in this set. Who is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Yaz. Another reason for me to like this set.

      Delete
  2. Seeing Herr on a DK card is pretty cool... but shocked he's pictured with the Phillies. I'll always remember him for his time with the Cardinals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Living near St. Louis he comes up a lot and his days with Philly are easy to forget.

      Delete
  3. Not a set that I have fond memories of, but I like seeing that others still do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not for everyone. I've learned that over the years.

      Delete
  4. It's not a bad set, but at the time I was all for Topps and it's more colorful borders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't in on the Topps borders but I I have liked the design when Topps has brought in back in recent sets.

      Delete