Sunday, February 20, 2022

Random Wax: 2018 Donruss NASCAR Blaster

 2018 Donruss NASCAR: The 2022 NASCAR season starts today so this blaster seems like a great way to celebrate.  Not sure where I picked this up last March but I'm glad I did.  This is always a fun product and my 2022 hobby box is on order.  This blaster yielded a nice Cracked Ice Kevin Harvick #/999.  The Daytona 500 starts today at 2:30 Eastern.
I like this design pretty well.  I wouldn't mind the driver's car number in a corner of the card though.
These '85 Retro cards show off the base Kevin Harvick and his nickname variation.  Not a fan of the design but I do like the nickname variations.
I like car photos.  This is how we see these guys most of the time and it's also part of why we root for some of these guys.  The sponsor or make of the car go a long ways for some when it comes to jumping on a driver's bandwagon.  Or you may just buy the diecast because of one of those reasons.
To veterans, to legends to young drivers the set does a good job getting all the drivers we love in the set.  Jeff Gordon is back in sets and one reason I'm looking forward to this year's set.
Does that Derrike Cope scream 80s or what?  That Newman was the relic in my blaster.  Newman was in a horrible crash at Daytona last year but somehow was out of hospital within a few days.  It really was a scary watch especially when it was obvious there was a problem.  I always like the Race Kings/Queens set and this design was a good offering. 
Hamlin won that Daytona race that featured the Newman crash.  Fun box of cards.  Let's go racing boys!


BREAKDOWN:
60 – Total Cards
13 – Retro 1985
8 – Race Kings/Queens
7 – Cars
7 - Legends
4 – Nickname
2 – Studio
1 - Classics
1 – Racing Relic
1 – Rated Rookie
1 – Cracked Ice #/999


6 comments:

  1. It is always neat to see cards of drivers who have switched sponsors or teams. The retired drivers are great to see too. In the shown cards, my favorites are the Danica Patrick and Richard Petty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big Danica fan as well. And love retired greats on new cardboard.

      Delete
  2. Don't really follow NASCAR, but one look at Richard Petty... and you know he has to be one of the coolest guy in the sport.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing off the cards! I can't believe some of the drivers' names are trademarked or registered!

    ReplyDelete