Saturday, February 5, 2022

2021-2022 Upper Deck MVP Hockey

2021-2022 MVP Hockey:  The NHL All-Star Game is tonight so I'll show of some new hockey I recently picked up.  Can't say I'm a big fan of the MVP brand.  Seems to take away from the photos somehow which is what Upper Deck brings to the table - good photography.  We'll kick this one off with a three-time champion who is in his 16th year in the league and has had a Hall of Fame career.
The design is meh for me.  Maybe with some different colors and a team logo and I'd be more onboard.  And I feel like I'm looking at the same card every time.
Man that Eriksson looked like a signature.  And it took a bit to figure out it isn't.  It is a Silver Script parallel. Boo on Upper Deck for making a person think it's an autograph.  Mascot cards are fun and I like the feel of this one.  The Ice Battles is a parallel.  Couldn't they do different colors or something?
Some goalie love. Again...they all look about the same.
The backs are fine.
I'm glad I picked up the pack but I will say the design just doesn't work for me.  This is only my second look at MVP as a brand so I won't give up on it.  The 2019-2020 design was better for me especially compared to this years.  The Cale Makar is a short print which are cards 201-250 in the set.  The last 25 are rookie SPs.


BREAKDOWN:
28 – Total Cards
1 – SP
1 – Ice Battles
1 – Mascot Gaming
1 – Silver Script Parallel


4 comments:

  1. I have opened several packs and a blater of these cards. I really like the photos of the players. I am trying to collect the mascot cards. If you decide to trade the mascot you got, I would be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve opened 2 blasters of these, and while I like this product, the ice battles parallel seems pointless. I really like the mascots, the silver and gold scripts, and the chance of pulling the super scripts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the mascots too and while I felt duped at first the script cards are nice too.

      Delete