Wednesday, February 2, 2022

2020-2021 Mosaic Basketball Hanger Box

 2020-2021 Mosaic Basketball: I passed on a blaster of these earlier in the month due to the thirty something (I think $38) price tag.  I did bite on this hanger box which was $20 but it'll be my last.  Just too expensive.  I won't say my pull was great but this Jimmy Butler helped it salvage it a bit.  He's a favorite of mine.  
For a shiny card, which aren't my thing per se, the design is okay.  Can't really see it in the scan but the large hexagon shape in the background is colored in team colors.
About a third of the pack is rookie cards.  Desmond Bane is having a really good year averaging 17 points per game while shooting 41% from deep.  Been a nice addition to my fantasy team.
The Jason Kid HoloFame insert on the left is a base design while I'm pretty sure the one on the right is a Mosaic parallel.  Confusing to have Mosaic parallels when that is the name of the brand.  And what the heck is "Mosaic" supposed to mean?  If the parallel isn't obvious when you look at the card you shouldn't do it.  Kinda bummed to get a duplicate as well.
There were also green and Reactive Orange Prizm parallels in the box.  The latter are exclusive to hangers.
Not the best box in the world but I knew what I was getting into.  I left plenty for others who may appreciate these more.

BREAKDOWN:
20 – Total Cards
6 – RC
4 – Reactive Orange Prizm Parallels
2 - HoloFame
1 – National Pride
1 – Green Parallel
1 – HoloFame Mosaic Parallel



6 comments:

  1. Bane's been a good addition to my team as well. Thanks for showing off the cards! Panini jacking up the price for their cards is a bad move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. I get these are shiny cards but man the prices nowadays are tough.

      Delete
  2. You got some fairly good rookies there, at least- I agree, this stuff is overpriced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Higher prices seem to be the way it's all trending. Still looking forward to see if James Wiseman can do something with the Warriors.

      Delete
  3. I like the idea behind creating an Olympic insert like National Pride, but Panini should have used a photo of him wearing his Team USA gear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I love photos of players in the Team USA unis.

      Delete