Sunday, February 13, 2022

Random Wax: 2021 Chronicles Football

2021 Chronicles Football: This guy, yeah this guy, will be front and center in the Super Bowl today.  I'm excited for him and the Bengals.  Burrow is definitely one of the top young quarterbacks in the league and Cincy fans have suffered for  a very long time.  I've always liked the Gridiron Kings vibe so pulling this card last June was fun.  Especially since I had been on a Joe Burrow dry spell in 2021 packs.
The base design is a bit blah.  Should have put the team logo in that helmet not the Chronicle "C".  I do like to see retired greats included in the set.
Young players always play a big part of this set and 10 of the 15 cards were rookies.  Taylor and Shenault are both good pulls.  There was a gold parallel somewhere in this pack.  Did I not scan it?  Can I not see it in the scan?  I'll never know.
Some acetate action with this Clear Vision insert. Swift has been a solid running back for the Lions.
Would like to see Jerry Jeudy with a quality starting quarterback to see what he can really do.  Even without a top notch QB in Denver he's been good for the Broncos.  Maybe this was the gold parallel?  I'd be guessing.
The variety of Chronicles makes it an easy like for me.  Fun pack of cards highlighted by a starting quarterback in the Super Bowl.  Can't beat that.  Go Bengals!


 BREAKDOWN: 
15 – Total Cards
10 – RC
4 – Gridiron Kings
2 – Panini
2 – Omega
2 – Retired Greats
1 – Luminance
1 – Clear Vision
1 – Gold Parallel


3 comments: