Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Random Wax: Random Wax: 2020-2021 Contenders Basketball

 2020-2021 Contenders Basketball: I resorted to eBay last July to find me a box of 12 retail packs of Contenders basketball which I really like.  At ~$7 a pack I thought I did pretty good.  Been slowly showing off the packs and this one is up next.  Steph Curry is having another great year albeit not MVP worthy.  Still this 33 year-old, yeah 33, has helped the Warriors to a 40-13 record at the time I'm writing this.  He's always fun to watch and a great of the game.
I think KD is the best player in the game today.  He's gotta stay healthy but watching him on the court he's almost impossible to stop.  Somehow this guy has never been the MVP of the league.  
Wow how far Ben Simmons has fallen.  He and Philly are in a no win situation.  I'll be curious to see where James Harden is next year.  He is a free agent in a few months and Brooklyn just isn't that good.  Not saying he doesn't stick it out to see if things are better with everyone healthy but it could be fun to see how it plays out.
Maybe not my biggest pull of all my packs but there is so much star power in this smallish set that you almost never get cheated.

BREAKDOWN:
22 – Total Cards
2 – 2020 Draft Class
1 – Red Parallel
1 – International Ticket
1 – Green Game Ticket Parallel



9 comments:

  1. Dang. I would have figured Durant had won multiple MVP awards. I'm assuming Section = weight, Row = height, and Seat = jersey #. Any idea what the Game # on the front of the card represents?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes and yes. And great question. No idea what the game # is. Thankfully Mike below answered with the player's age.

      Delete
  2. Game # corresponds with player age, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a Duke fan, I like the Zion card, but I also like the Harden and Simmons cards. The trade last week was a weird one for me to hear about. I am one who enjoys the way that both players play the game. It will be interesting to see how each play in their new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think both teams needed to get rid of an expensive headache so it made sense. I like Harden's game more so I think he makes a bigger difference for the Nets.

      Delete
  4. My Harden fandom has dropped steadily since the trade and reading about the circumstances that led to it. Thanks for showing off the cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As great as he is, it is tough seeing what he did in Houston and Brooklyn. Definitely tarnishes what I think of him as well. Hopefully he is all in in Philly.

      Delete
  5. LOL I'm with you. It seems like I'm always reminded of "what if Portland had drafted..." moments. Ugh. It really hurts.

    ReplyDelete