Sunday, May 8, 2022

2021 Contenders Football

2021 Contenders Football: These were a happy surprise to see in the store.  Contenders is a brand I like so I always look forward to these even when delayed.  This year's design gives more room for the photo but overall, I like last year's better.   
The veteran checklist is 100 cards while the rookies, of which I pulled none, make up 42 cards.
A nice Tom Brady pull.  Winning Ticket cards are a bit campy but I like them.  I also like the MVP Contenders while the jury is still out on the Chain Movers inserts.
I love these cards.  So many great moments from past playoffs could be used for these.  That said there are only 15 cards in the set.  Still there are a few I'll want to chase.
The backs are pretty colorful and give you another chance to look at the front photo with more background.  
Good cards.  Maybe not the best Contenders design out there but I'm okay with it.  I did grab some more packs which I'll show off throughout the year.  

BREAKDOWN:  
22 – Total Cards
1 – MVP
1 – Playoff Ticket
1 – Chain Movers
1 – Retired Great
1 – Winning Ticket


 

6 comments:

  1. Talking about playoffs then going to Dak. That's cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Hopefully Dak gets his own historic playoff moment to go on a card someday...as long as it isn't at the expense of Buffalo or Atlanta.

      Delete
  2. Those are some nice looking cards! I am not sure if I have seen them in the stores. The Harrison insert is of such an iconic moment in Steelers history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a great moment. I was rooting for the Cardinals and more specifically Fitz but it was iconic to say the least.

      Delete
  3. 142 cards is an odd base set size. Thanks for showing them off!

    ReplyDelete