Thursday, September 8, 2022

2022 Buffalo Bills Preview

The Buffalo Bills come into the season with lots of expectations.  They now contend
at the highest levels in the AFC and with a few breaks could have been
really close to a Super Bowl appearance or two.  That goes to one of my main
concerns.  The lack of big plays when needed especially in the
playoffs.  I'll always harp on needing a run game to take pressure off Josh
Allen as well as keeping him from having to run so much.  Overall the
offense will look exactly as it did last year.  A few minor changes at WR
and on the o-line.  I expect the offense to again be one of the best in the
league and should be able to compete with any offense out there. 

The defense is one of the best in the league but last season it will be
remembered for their epic collapse in the final second of their playoff game
against KC.  The defensive line has been revamped with many players leaving
and other filling in.  It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.  They made a
big splash signing Von Miller but that was a head scratcher for me.  I don't
know if he has enough in the tank to be a difference maker.  They do have a
great defensive back group which comes back healthy.  That'll include Tre'Davious
White who was injured most of last season. 

Last year they were 11-6 including a maddening loss to Pittsburgh to open the season and a lost to Jacksonville in which they only scored nine points.  There was also the crazy wind game loss against New England.  Some will say see those could have been three wins.  I say "why did they lose them?".  Their offense can be erratic at times and it disappeared in the playoffs scoring a total of 19 points against the Patriots and Chiefs.  Yes, New England had a really good defense and the Chiefs were top 10 in points allowed but this offense has to be better against good defenses and score in big moments.

I'm hoping Buffalo can use their experience in the playoffs (4 of last 5
seasons) and build on those losses.  Maybe get their game to the next level.
I know expectations are high.  I have some hope they can come through this
year but as a fan it's pretty guarded optimism.  Still there's no reason not
to be happy with this team.  Excellent quarterback and defenses aren't easy
to come by and they make games much more fun to watch. Really tough schedule this year but I can still see them winning 11 games though there will be plenty of tough games.


 

6 comments:

  1. Good luck tonight! I'm actually going to be at the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome. Have a great time and thanks!

      Delete
  2. They'll be entertaining this year, that's for sure! Go Bills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the win! One of my co-workers is a huge Rams fan and a season ticket holder. He was at the game and plans to be back in the classroom today. Oh how I wish I had that level of dedication and energy again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I really do understand what you mean. And thank you. It was a big win. I hope they can keep the momentum and I'll be happy with this win for the next week.

      Delete