Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Random Wax: 2020-2021 Mosaic Basketball

2020-2021 Mosaic:  This random pack of Mosaic showed up in my local Wal-Mart so I said what the heck.  If you're going to pull a green parallel Larry Bird is about as good a match for green as it gets.  Wasn't a big fan until after he retired but I'm all in on Larry Legend now.

Not a bad pull but definitely not one of my better ones from basketball packs.  Without Larry Bird I'd probably be a bit more disappointed.  The design is okay to me but not my favorite Mosaic.
James Wiseman is the most successful of these three but after being injured all last season he's got some work to do to find consistent minutes with the Warriors.
Don't ask me how this pink looking parallel is a "Camo Prizm" but they are.  Three come with these packs. Maybe camo has a definition I'm not aware of but I'm not looking it up.
Good pack of cards.  I won't seek these out but a random pack in my store seemed like something I couldn't pass up.  We'll end it with another hall of famer.  The inclusion of retired greats makes these that much more fun.

BREAKDOWN:
15 – Total Cards
4 – RC
3 – Camo Prizm
2 – All-Time Greats
1 – Elevate
1 – Green Parallel

  

6 comments:

  1. The Bird is awesome with the green background. Must look really sharp in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great looking card in hand. I think it's a pretty cool card.

      Delete
  2. Got a computer game for Christmas one year - Doc vs Bird one-on-one. The payer chose one guy and the computer controlled the other guy. I always had Doc, because I'm a decent human being.

    When I drove across Indiana in the '90s, there were billboards with Bird's pasty mug on them. Each time I passed one, I flipped him off.

    Ah, memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Larry Bird is awesome! I have been a fan of Larry Joe Bird since my childhood, and now I try to pick up his cards if I can find them at reasonable prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't a fan until he retired but I'm a big fan now and love pulling his cards.

      Delete