Thursday, September 8, 2022

2022 Prestige Football

2022 Prestige Football:  Plenty of this on the shelf so why not pick it up?  Stefon Diggs will be a big part of any success the Buffalo Bills have this season.  It starts tonight against the Rams.  I think Buffalo wins it and would enjoy seeing some big plays from this guy.
Not my favorite Prestige design but much better than last year's disaster.  This could have really worked had they muted that white a bit more.  Overall, a good pack which had plenty of star power.
Some of the rookies hoping to have good years.  That Wydermyer is a Xtra Points parallel.
Only a few inserts which is disappointing.  I do like these though.  Heroes is fun while Time Stamped showcases a specific moment.  Prestigious Pros has a good look to it.
I think of Christmas and New Years when I think of Seasons Greetings but I'm not feeling holidays with this design.  Not sure what they were trying to convey with the name of this insert.
The backs are fine.  Standard fair. We get some good color.  The photo could have been smaller and they could have added a season or two of extra stats to help out but that is something we always wish for.
The base set is a meaty 400 cards, up from 300 last year.  The price for this 60 card pack?  $15.98.  Prestige is just too expensive.  I feel like a broken record because I say it every year.  Not sure why they are so pricey.  it doesn't come across in the cards themselves.  Why is this set more expensive than a set like, say, Donruss?
Price point issues aside, this was a fun pack.  I like getting 60 cards in a pack.  Just felt good in hand and I couldn't resist picking up something with the first game of the season tonight.  We'll end it with stud running back Jonathan Taylor of the Colts.  
Go Bills!

BREAKDOWN:
60 – Total Cards
8 – RC
5 – Xtra Points
1 - Heroes
1 – Time Stamped
1 – Prestigious Pros
1 – Seasons Greetings



5 comments:

  1. I have seen these cards on the store shelves but have not taken the bait and bought any. I may take the bait and purchase a pack and get one to just open some new product. I like that George Pickens rookie card. He is fitting in nicely on the Steelers offense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of where I was at. Was itching for something new and these were there.

      Delete
    2. I did buy a pack of these to open during the Steelers game on Sunday, and it led off with a Bengals card and there were many Bengals cards through out. I did pull a nice T.J. Watt insert card and until he got hurt, he was having a monster day yesterday. I may get another pack but we will see how the week goes.

      Delete
  2. It looks like a postcard. Should've called it Wish You Were Here. I guess "season" is a reference to football season.

    Mahomes wins it, though I like that Jacobs action shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right on the meaning behind Season's Greetings. I'll go with that. Mahomes probably wins it most days for me but with Buffalo playing that day I had to go with Diggs.

      Delete