Tuesday, November 8, 2022

1990-1991 Fleer Basketball

90-91 Fleer Basketball:  I'm surprised I've never done a pack of these before.  No better place to start than Larry Legend on this All-Star card which fell 1:5 packs. It's a nice set but only 12 cards though all but one player are in the Hall of Fame.
Always a great pull when my all-time favorite player (Nique) is in the pack.  Oakley and Parish aren't scrubs either.
My bad.  I screwed up this scan but the cards are scattered now in different boxes so I'll just roll with it.  We still get to see that great write-up on the back of Birds All-Star card.  
These three were all solid players in their day though Curry's claim to fame is probably being Steph's father though he shot 40% from 3 for his career.  Nothing to sneeze at.  Detlef Schrempf is listed as a guard but not sure he ever played as one.  Dude was a great shooter and would be a really good stretch four or wing in today's game.  Another all-time favorite of mine.  Fun pack and good pull.  Can't beat that.

BREAKDOWN:
15 – Total Cards
1 – Fleer All-Stars


8 comments:

  1. This was my favorite set as a kid. It's appeal has waned slightly over the years, but I still like it quite a bit though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too. could be better but very solid and one I won't shy away from.

      Delete
  2. That pack would have been a winner for me. I collect the Celtics big three of the 1980s and early 90s. Great looking Bird and Parrish cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been a big fan of 90/91 Fleer... but I built the set back in the day (b/c I worked at a card shop and had access to set fillers). On the other hand, I love the All-Star inserts. Love the bright blue and yellow borders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a design I'd say is great but I know I picked up quite a bit of it back in the day as well. I really like what they did with the All-Star design as well.

      Delete
  4. Human Highlight Film wins it.

    (At the top it says 12 cards, but at the bottom it says 15.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant 12 cards in the All-Star set. I should have clarified. You can never go wrong with Nique!

      Delete