Friday, November 18, 2022

Justice League MetaX Booster Pack

Justice League MetaX:  I enjoy the art on the MetaX DC game cards so I grab these from time to time.  I purchased five of these off eBay and some will go to the grandsons.  We'll kick it off with some nice art from Alex Ross and the Kingdom Come books which are favorites of mine.
Again the draw to these is the art.  I may take the time to learn the game but they haven't necessarily been my thing.  Could be fun with the grandsons now that they are getting older.  This booster had cards from S19-JL through J36-JL.  Had no idea until I opened the box.  Seems pretty small.  I did pull cards 19-36 with plenty of duplicates.
Some of the lovely ladies of D.C.  I like all of these characters.  The link in my first paragraph does a great job showing the set visually but information on the set is maddening to come by.  Specifically, how is the set broke up and how it was released.  Didn't know these boosters only covered 36 cards.  Would have been good to know ahead of time.  But lack of information, not checklists, is really my only beef with these.
These are three of the 10 foils that came with my cards.  The foils don't necessarily excite me but I do like the look.  Overall this booster pack seemed to be Superman heavy.  Isn't a bad thing.  Just my perception.
There are four of what I call "character cards" like this Krypto, Green Arrow and the Supergirl I showed off earlier which are actually labeled with the character's name.  Fun box.  I'll probably just pick up the entire set at some point to include the different series.  I do like the art and the characters.

BREAKDOWN:
50 – Total Cards
10 - Foil
Multiple Duplicates


2 comments:

  1. Love the art. The card you chose for the header is fantastic. Also cool to see Krypto make the checklist.

    ReplyDelete