Tuesday, November 1, 2022

2022 Topps Archives Blaster

2022 Archives:  The Phillies are looking for their first championship in over a decade.  Bryce Harper dealt with injuries but still had a good year and has played really well in the playoffs.  Harper is a fun player to watch and is looking for his first World Series ring.
First up is the 1963 design.  I like it with the dual photo thing going on.  Great Kershaw photo while Austin Riley looks a little perplexed.
Next up is 1978 with Kyle Schwarber who is all smiles going into the World Series.  Schwarber led the NL in homers (46) as well as strikeouts (200).  A good design overall.
This has a pretty good postcard vibe for a Postcard insert.  I like the look.
1987 is not a design I cared for back in the day but I like it in new iterations which we see a lot of lately.  That red Bellinger is #/75.
A back to one of the '63 cards showing plenty of greatness in the form of David Ortiz stats.
Some rookie love across the different designs.  Funny Witt photo.
A Big Foil insert.


Retired greats greatness.  That Clemente is a '92 Topps Major League Debut insert.  Rickey and Molitor are favorites of mine.   I like that Drysdale photo.  I'll always remember him from his appearance on The Brady Bunch.
These are '55 Topps Scoop and '61 Topps MVP inserts.  And that is Jorge Soler of the, as of this moment, World Champion Atlanta Braves.  Getting it all in while I can.

BREAKDOWN:
56 – Total Cards
18 – 1963
17 – 1978
17 – 1987
12 – RC
12 – Retired Greats
3 – Big Foil
1 - Postcard
1 - 1961 Topps MVP
1 – Red Parallel #/75
1 – 1955 Topps Scoop
1 - 1992 Topps Major League Debut



8 comments:

  1. This looks like fun. I've been trying to find some of this in the wild without any luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look forward to this set. It's fun and lots of retro.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'll go with that. Fits perfectly with what he's doing in the series.

      Delete
  3. I like the look of the Topps Archives for this year. My problem is that I cannot find any on store shelves. I will keep up my searching though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck. It haven't seen much of it. It is fun.

      Delete
  4. Yep, still waiting to see it pop up in retail. Thanks for showing them off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I don't see things fly off the shelves like they used.

      Delete