Sunday, November 6, 2022

2015 Press Pass Cup Chase NASCAR

 2015 Cup Chase:  Today the boys of NASCAR go for the Championship.  No better way to talk championships than with Jimmie Johnson who is retired now but collected seven NASCAR championships in his career to include five in a row at one point.
I like the base design of these cards with the driver and car sharing the car.  Great example of showing off both in a well presented way.  Joey Logano is my favorite to win it all today.  He's been the most consistent driver in my opinion.  Not saying I'm rooting for him though.  Kurt Busch is stepping away from the sport after a concussion he had just before the playoffs began.  He had already qualified for the playoffs but was not able to get back in the car.  He's a former champion and someone I root for.
One of the two Nationwide cards that highlight drivers in the "minor leagues" of  NASCAR.  Buescher is no longer in the sport at his level.
The drivers have changed so much in seven years but it's fun looking back at some of these guys back then.
I'm still not sure what I think of these Headliners inserts.  The colors and design are okay but I'm not sure the photos really do much for me.
Another Jimmie Johnson appearance here in the pits this time.  Over the Wall is a good way of showing off the car and the pit crew in action.
I'd like some basic stats.  NASCAR cards seem to lack those consistently.  The write-ups are fine but NASCAR has plenty of stats to pull from.  I do like these backs though.  Great photos of the cards and nice color.
A fun pack of cards.  I may pick up another one of these sometime.  Below is my favorite driver, Kyle Busch, who will be swapping teams this offseason and will end his long-standing relationship with his primary sponsor M&Ms.


BREAKDOWN:
16 – Total Cards
4 – Headliners
2 – Nationwide Series
1 – Over the Wall
1 – Purple Parallel


2 comments:

  1. Nice base card design... with both the portrait and car photos. Don't know most of these guys, but Alex Bowman kinda reminds me of Ryan from The Office.

    ReplyDelete