Sunday, March 31, 2024

Random Wax: 2023 Score Football

2023 Score:  Free agency starts today and we'll kick it off with Hall of Famer LT.  This is a good-looking card and good photo.  I'm also a fan of the older Charger unis that were dark blue.  LT was involved in a big trade that helped shape the futures of both the Chargers and Falcons in different ways.
April 20, 2001: Traded by Falcons as 2001 1st round pick (5th overall) with 2001 3rd round pick (67th overall, Tay Cody), 2002 2nd round pick (48th overall, Reche Caldwell) and Tim Dwight to Chargers for 2001 1st round pick (1st overall, Michael Vick)
Nice Josh Allen pull.  No clue how to grade the Bills offseason until after the draft next month.  They have cap issues and really haven't added the impact players us fans always hope for.
The Sack Attack cards are good looking cards.  Score nailed it going horizontal to help catch the moment better.
Plenty of youngsters including these 2003 Rookie Throwback and Protential inserts as well as a base card Zay Flowers.
The Celebration inserts are also a fun card I like.
I do like the design of 2023 Score.  Here we have a Red Parallel of D'Onta Foreman.
I do like the Huddle Up. Design is a bit different I like this photo.
Not the best pack I've opened but I do like this set.  The design, inserts and retired greats always make it fun.


BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
7 – RC
3 - Protential
3 – Red Parallel
2 - Celebration
2 – Sack Attack
1 – Huddle Up
1 – Retired Great
1 – 2003 Throwback Rookie


8 comments:

  1. Always love seeing new Joe Burrow cards. Zay Flowers RC is solid too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sack Attack insert of Cam Heyward is my favorite here. I actually think I don't have that one in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomlinson played during my fantasy football era... and he was a beast. Wasn't too interested in his cards until my niece went to TCU. As for Score FB... I think the Huddle Up inserts are the highlights on a yearly basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Who woulda thought guys standing around would be a highlight for an insert.

      Delete